Over 100 delegates from the festival and events sector will be joining each other along with industry speakers and suppliers at the annual Irish Festival Summit on Friday March 31 and Saturday April 1 in Gullane’s Hotel and Conference Centre Ballinasloe.
Since its formation in 1992, when a small group of like-minded festival organisers got together to chat and share ideas, The Association membership has grown to over 250 festival and event organisers, suppliers, agents and freelance individuals.
The Conference is open to all in the sector: delegates are an exciting mix of volunteer and professional festival and event organisers, academics, researchers and policy makers – bringing together teams that have been running for generations with first time organisers, new suppliers with familiar names, programmers and marketing
specialists. From Friday morning to Saturday evening , the session rooms will be buzzing with headline speakers, presentations, discussions, & how to do that & sessions and panel debates. The Festive Expo forms the all-important networking hub the Marketing Awards Lunch on Saturday will prove a welcome look back on the season just gone.
Colm Croffy, Executive Director states “Whatever your role or interest in festivals or events, if you are dedicated to learning and teaching, sharing and networking to continuously improve the scene, you will find plenty of common ground at our annual Irish Festival Summit .”
Keys sessions will include:
- Brexit – Opportunity or Threat ?
- The Rural Revival – Opportunity Lost ?
- Role of Festivals and Events in Sustaining Communities
- Beginners Guide to running a festival
- New Charities Legislation and its impending impact on our Fundraising
- Legal advice
- Looking after your audience Children’s Activities
- Our Aging Audience – how do we Reach Out ?
- Selling Your Story to the Media
- Working with Food suppliers and Outdoor Catering
- Social Media – Tools , Trends and Audience Hooks
- Health and Safety and Risk Assessments
- Developing a Commercial Revenue Stream for Your Event
- Working with Street and Circus Performers
- Arts Events
- Heritage Events
- Insurance Trends In the Sector
The Two Programmes are FREE to registered AOIFE Members.
To secure your free delegates position at the Conference call us at 090 964 3779 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org